Thanksgiving Safety Tips
Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all we have! Enjoy the holidays!
Studies show that cooking is the main cause for most home fires and burn related injuries. With Thanksgiving being the busiest cooking day of the year. It's good to know some safety tips to have a safe, and happy Thanksgiving holiday.
- Never leave food that is cooking unattended, especially when frying or broiling food. The stove should be turned off if you must leave the kitchen
- Keep anything that could easily catch fire a safe distance away from flames, or hot surfaces. Examples such as; potholders,towels of any material, paper or plastic bags, and wooden utensils.
- Cooking surfaces should be kept clean to prevent grease buildup.
- Always make sure to check the kitchen before leaving the home or going to bed. Check to see that all ovens, stoves and appliances are shut off and stored correctly.
- Have a fire extinguisher near by, and know how to properly use it if needed. Also smoke alarms should be checked monthly to see if properly functioning.
SERVPRO of SERVPRO St. Louis Central wishes you a safe and happy holiday season! Gobble Gobble!
October means Halloween
Make sure to follow these safety rules for Halloween.
Halloween is for costumes, candy and fun! No one wants their fun to be spoiled by a fire! SERVPRO of St. Louis Central wants everyone to have a fun and safe time this Halloween! We have a list of safety tips below provided by the National Fire Prevention Association.
- Candles - Refrain from having an open flame. Use battery-operated candles or glow-sticks in your jack-o-lanterns.
- Costumes - Choose the right costume. Stay away from long or flowing fabric, and skip extraneous costume pieces.
- Decorations - Avoid flammable decorations including dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper that are highly flammable. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Exits - Remember to keep all decorations away from doors so that they are not blocking any exits or escape routes.
- Smoke alarms - Make sure all your smoke alarms are working and up to date.
- Visibility - Provide flashlights to children or have them carry glow sticks as part of their costumes. Make sure if a child is wearing a mask that the eye holes are large enough to see out of them.
SERVPRO of St. Louis Central wishes everyone a fun and safe Halloween!
Your Large Loss Restoration Specialists
Our team is ready to respond 24/7 to your large loss disaster project!
SERVPRO of St. Louis Central is available 24 hours a day for immediate help with your large loss disaster.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 314-260-7177
A large loss disaster can happen to both residential and commercial properties. Damage from water, smoke and fire to a property can add up fast. Large Loss can be a result of a flood, water, soot and smoke damage from a fire, a busted sewer pipe, or even storm damage from a natural disaster.
SERVPRO of St. Louis Central is the only certified Disaster Recovery Team in the St. Louis area. Our Extreme Team Wolf crew has the expertise and experience with large loss projects to restore your home or commercial property back to its original condition.