SMOKE DAMAGED INSULATION? NO PROBLEM!
SMOKE DAMAGED INSULATION? WE CAN REMEDY THAT!
SERVPRO of St. Louis Central and SERVPRO of Bridgeton/Florissant understands the need to remove all damaged materials from your home or business to make sure there is no lingering effects from a fire damage. One of those materials is your insulation. Insulation is very porous and absorbent which will trap odors like smoke in the material. SERVPRO has various ways of removing insulation based on what type (rolled or blown in) insulation it is. We make sure we remove all materials that could cause odor problems.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke:
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of St. Louis Central and SERVPRO of Bridgeton/Florissant will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Call the cleanup team that is Faster to any size disaster at (314) 260-7177.